KIBI has been conducting courses on Buddhism and the Tibetan and Sanskrit languages independently for more than 20 years. As a result, many people who studied here are now successful scholars of Buddhism, working in major universities worldwide.
During the year, public teachings and short-term courses on meditation, Buddhism, and monastic teacher training are offered at KIBI.
Read more about the Public Meditation Course >>
Read more about the Karmapa Public Course >>
KIBI operates under the auspices of the education and cultural arm of the Karmapa International Buddhist Society (KIBS).
KIBI is managed jointly by the academic and administrative offices. Professor Sempa Dorje is the director of the academic office, while administration is managed by Lama Thabkha.
KIBS Governing Body
- His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa – Chief Patron
- Secretary to 17th Gyalwa Karmapa- 2nd Patron
- Professor Sempa Dorje – President
- Mr. Satya Narayana Raju – Vice President
- Mr. Skarma Ishey Jungnes – General Secretary
- Mr. Kantsa Gurung – Treasurer
- Mr. Chonet Dorje – Executive Member
- Dr. Tsewang Gyatso Bhutia- Executive Member
- Mr. Chulthim Gurung – Executive Member
- Mr. Sharad Saxena – Executive Member
- Mr. Hari Prakash Maurya – Executive Member
- Professor Sempa Dorje – Director
- Dr. Tsewang Gyatso Bhutia – Principal
- Mr.Skarma Ishey Jungnes
- Mr.Tsering Samdup, Senior Khenpo (Upadyaya)
- Mr. Lobsang Tsultrim (Khenpo)
- Dr. Sanjib Kumar Das
- Dr. Jai Pakash Sharma
- Mr. Satya Narayana Raju
- Dr. Rolf Scheuermann
KIBI is situated in the south of New Delhi, in the peaceful Qutab Institutional Area. It is an ideal location for KIBI, which aims to combine the best of both the ancient Buddhist and modern scholarly traditions.
The Institute is surrounded by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, the Fore School of Management, and the Shri Lal Bahadur ShastriRashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha.
Go to Contact and Info >>